Wentworth Tourism

Regional Drives

16. Rendelsham (aka the Nunnery)

28 Cadell Street Wentworth

The first house to be called Rendelsham was built by William Gunn, who was the first Mayor of Wentworth. He lived here until he built the second residence in the centre of the town, again called Rendelsham House. The first Rendelsham House then became Catholic Church property and was used by the local Priest as the Presbytery. In 1892, it became the Convent, home of the Sisters of Mercy, who established and taught at the neighbouring St Ignatius School.